Jasmine Banks is the Executive Director of UnKoch My Campus, a national campaign that works with students, faculty, alumni, and community allies to expose and prevent donors like Charles Koch and his network from being able to buy undue academic influence in an attempt to legitimize and bolster their political and corporate agendas. As Executive Director, Jasmine has spoken with students and faculty at a number of higher ed institutions about donor transparency and academic freedom. Organizing students, staff, and faculty to fight against Koch Funded influence, Jasmine has helped launch numerous campaigns across the country.
In addition to her work at UnKoch My Campus, Jasmine is the co-founder and co-host of the popular progressive podcast, Parenting Is Political, and co-founder of Reconcile Arkansas - a mutual aid collective that centers Arkansas’ most vulnerable community members: queer and transgender people.
Jasmine is a mother of four, eternal fan of Beyoncé, and passionate supporter of her queer Black community.
Areas of Interest
Dark Money donations/influence
Philanthropy: Koch brothers, Non-profit industry
Links / Articles
- UnKock My Campus official website
- "Koch-funded climate denial at George Washington University must end now!" (Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists)
- "Jasmine Banks Wants to Get Dark Money Out of Higher Education" (bitchmedia)
- UnKoch my campus, the future of private security, Alabama coal-miner strike (Interview on Redacted Tonight)
- Part 1 Power Up Your Giving With Real Power To Community With Anthony Diaz, Jasmine Banks, and Dany Sigwalt (Do Your Good podcast)
- Episode #146: UnKoching College Campuses with Jasmine Banks (Hampton Institute podcast)